Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Friday, December 14, 2012

December


Hello everyone,  
just wanted to post and say I don't plan on making any new blog posts until after Christmas or maybe until the new year.  

Life is busy and good and hard right now.  
Busy with Christmas things.  
Good with Christmas things and new living room furniture being delivered today, sweet grand children and lovely weather for this time of year.  


an old photo from 2008
my husband and our very sweet Theo and me

but very hard as we lost our sweet Theo yesterday.  
He has been sick for months and I thought having all that time to prepare would make his passing easier but nope!  it has been just heart-wrenching.  

We will be fine- in time.  

And I will be back - 
I have been redecorating some rooms and plan to do a blog home tour 
as well was working on a 13 projects in 2013 with  my thrifty homemakers yahoogroups list.  

I will be visiting your blogs,  just not making any new posts
Merry Christmas to everyone!


update
thank you all so much for your sweet comments.  It means a lot to me.
It is still hard and our home seems empty without Theo but it really is just a bit easier with each day.
I know this is silly and not the least Biblical,  but when I think of Theo,  I imagine in my head that he is playing fetch in Heaven with those school children who just left this earth in such a shocking and unexpected way.  

Life is hard but we must keep our faith and go on.

16 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your sweet Theo, Rhonda. I know you will miss him.

    I wish you blessings for Christmas and in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of your sweet baby :( Our pets are so much more than just pets. Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhonda, I am so sorry about Theo. It is so hard to give up a good companion, isn't it? Hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those four legged friends become such a big part of your heart and life. I am sorry for the loss of Theo.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas!
    Sorry to hear of your loss and hope your Christmas
    will be filled with good things.
    Grand Kids are the Best fun at Christmas!
    I look forward to seeing all you will "Make, Do and Mend" in 2013!
    Blessings to you, dear friend,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about Theo. I know your whole family will miss him.
    I'm glad you mentioned the 13 in '13 projects - I've been so busy with grandboys that my list is only about half done...
    Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas - enjoy all those grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, dear Rhonda to you and your husband and family. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
    And we will talk in the new year.
    love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Christmas photo Rhonda. I am very sorry to hear of your fur companion's passing. It is so hard. I pray the blessings of Christmas over your household this Christmas. See you in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry about your dog! Will look forward to reading your new posts in the new year.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very sorry, Rhonda! No, it isn't any easier when they have been sick and you know their time is short. I do not do well with saying goodbye to family pets. Love the photo of you two and Theo...what a sweetheart.

    New furniture sounds very exciting! I know you'll enjoy getting it all arranged and just in time for Christmas, too. Enjoy your family this month. I'm looking forward to seeing your 2013 projects! I, myself, am already getting that itch or cleaning and organizing that comes with a new year. Can't wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about Theo! It's so hard to say goodbye.

    Have a wonderful Christmas. Sounds like you'll have some fun posts in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog, Rhonda.
    Merry Christmas to you & yours! God bless.

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very sorry to hear about your sweet Theo.
    May you be showered with Peace and Love this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Rhonda...I am so sorry about Theo. I know how hard it is to loose our furr babies. He is in your heart forever!

    How nice to see him with you and DH in a photo.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know I'm a tad late in sending my condolences. Beloved pets are such a hard loss to deal with. I grieved over my cat, Calvin, for a good year. I don't think the bible is clear one way or the other on what happens to animals when they die, so I choose to believe they're in heaven.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!