Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Monday, December 17, 2012

This stuff is good!



Have you seen the candy recipe made with a cup of brown sugar, 2 sticks of butter, 40 or so saltine crackers and a bag of chocolate chips?  
I made my first batch today and it is so good and easy.  It got the thumbs up from my husband, daughter and grand daughter too.  One recipe makes quite a bit and it is so quick because all you have to measure is the brown sugar.  The tray gets lined with foil so the only things that need much washing are the saucepan that the butter/sugar gets cooked in and the utensils.

So,  if you need  a quick tried and true recipe for Christmas or for gift giving - try this one!

I used  A Southern Grace's recipe and read through her many comments for all the info about how long to cook it and what to look for.  



I did not think I would feel like blogging for awhile but I just decided not to let our personal tragedy and then this horrific tragedy in CT completely keep me down. 
I am so sad,  just like you are,  but I am choosing to think about good things and talk about good things with as much of a smile as I can make.  
We all need to grieve as it suits us,  for me- staying busy is what helps me.  

God bless you all 

6 comments:

  1. This looks good and so easy to make too. I'm with you on trying to keep a calm head and a peaceful heart despite all the bad things that happen in the world. As we go about our daily business, we can say a prayer for all those affected by the terrible tragedy. Hugs and Merry Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree about the grieving. So sad to watch the news.

    I've had this recipe years ago and it is very good! Hard to believe it starts with saltines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good recipe, have made it and at different times have added different nuts to it and left it plain.

    The news seem to be so filled with sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this recipe for over 30 years and love it. The recipe I have calls for graham crackers, but I have made it with saltines, too, and both ways are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Savory & Sweet...my favorites. :o)
    I'll be trying this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made that with pretzels instead of the crackers and it is superb! But, I put the choco chips on too soon, didn't read instructions! It turned out okay even still, thank goodness.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!