Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Frugal October -Day 9

Hello! 
not too much to blog about today as most of my time was spent on my 2 year old grand daughter who is under the weather with a bad cold.  
She will stay with me again tomorrow so don't expect much then either :) 
Blogs are fun but grand babies come first. 
 
It was a frugal day as we stayed home all day.  Supper was leftovers with a big salad and a fresh batch of hot rolls.  There are enough leftovers for tomorrow night too.  I know everyone does not like leftovers but we do and these are all foods that are good reheated. 
 
I hope to do some fall decorating in my home soon- I got the cutest-ever fall banner from
have you ever visited Debby's blog?  She does lots of homemaking and lots of sewing and her sewing is just beautiful! 
 
The new coffee bar has been painted,  tiled and lined with shelf paper. 
I am looking for some mugs to hang over it and then I will post some pictures, 
it is very different from what I first imagined but we both really like it. 
 
bye for now......
 
 
 
 



 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rhonda,
    I hope baby E feels better soon.
    XXOO
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sew glad you recieved your package. We too will be having leftovers tomorrow night, add a loaf of bread and it will be just like new. Hope you grand feels better tomorrow, sick little ones are so sad to watch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear Elizabeth is not feeling well. We saved money the last several days due to cooler weather and finally being able to cook. Even the crock-pot was heating up the cottage. Three home cooked dinners in a row and the guys think I want something. They make me laugh. Getting out the candles and lanterns as a big thunderstorm is headed our way. Last time we lost power and I had no clue where I put the candles and such.

    Looking forward to the coffee bar.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that little Elizabeth is not feeling well. Hope she improves soon! Love from grannies always help.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully the Grandbaby will feel better soon!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear that your granddaughter is sick. Makes for some loong days, doesn't it? We don't mind eating leftovers either, especially if it's something like soup or chili - which is even better as leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!