Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Saturday, March 30, 2013

A few more Easter preparations

Tomorrow is Resurrection Sunday. We will celebrate in the morning at church.
Then the afternoon will be family fun.
I am guessing most of you will be doing very similar things.

One Easter food we always have are stuffed eggs served on my grandmother in law's Frankoma pottery plate. I had already covered it with plastic wrap before I remembered to take a picture.
The big basket of candy is another tradition that I got from my mom. The Easter Bunny always brought baskets of candy for my brothers and me. As we got older, those individual baskets were swapped out for one basket on the dining table for everyone to share.

The big round basket is plastic eggs, ready to be hidden in the yard for the grands to hunt. I fixed them each a very simple basket to collect eggs in. I am sure they will all fancier baskets from their parents and other grandparents so there is no need for me to over board.

Several years before any of the grands were born, I made the plastic canvas squeeze-ems. They can each hold a chocolate kiss. It is fun to play with them and "squeeze my cheeks and I'll give you a kiss". My children had so much fun playing with squeeze-ems and I think my grands will too. I made 4 pair of them years ago, and isn't it amazing that we now have 4 grands.

The last picture is the German chocolate cake I baked with some of the Dollar Tree Baker's Sweet chocolate.  

.




Jesus said to her, 
"I am the resurrection and the life. 
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; 
and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
~ John 11:25-26





















4 comments:

  1. I love the single basket of candy idea!

    the cake looks wonderful...I haven't had german chocolate cake in ages! yum!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter to you & yours, Rhonda!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a wonderful Resurrection Sunday! We did. Looks like you have a lot of fun at Easter time, that's wonderful, you're making some great memories for your little ones.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!