Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Saturday, November 17, 2012

120 Powerful Pieces Of Advice For Preppers

120 Powerful Pieces Of Advice For Preppers


I have not read all this and not sure it is all good advice but I do plan to read it.
There does seem to be lots of interest in prepping.  I am not so much worried about the end of civilization  but I do know that it does not take much of a disaster to disrupt everyday life for a long time.
The prepping done in our home so far is mainly to have extra food and hygiene supplies that we do not want to do without if we can't go to a store.  I would like to do more but having a bomb shelter or a silo full of feedcorn seems a bit extreme.

Anyway,  this looks like an informative and comprehensive article and if nothing else,  since I blogged about it,  I will be able to find it later.

I read about this on Brenda's blog
 http://coffeeteabooksandme.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. We are not preppers in the sense that some are. We have placed all our camping equipment, tent, stove, propane, dishes etc in 4 very large plastic totes. Our extra blankets, sheets, emergency food/medical supplies, are in two new(bought 3 years ago)plastic trash cans. Both are being used as side tables next to our bed. If we should have to get out in case of an earthquake or forest/brush fire, we can load up the truck and be out in 10 minutes. That is as far as we go for prepping. Any food in the fridge or freezer can be placed into the ice chests and brought along and eaten first.

    I really do not think anyone person can properly prepare for all disasters. But like you stated Rhonda, having some things for comfort are very important. Very family should have emergency supplies and an easy way to transport them if need be. We are prepared for an emergency, but choose to live our life as it comes, not waiting for a disaster to happen.

    Thanks for the link. Brenda has a treasure trove of information for daily life and emergency's. A blog well worth reading.

    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have is an emergency kit in case of earthquake. In there are some water and food rations and I've added more thermal blankets, flares, and a small cook stove with fuel pellets. I still need to add a change of clothes and a pair of shoes. I don't have a way to store and keep more. I will need to rely on prayer and instincts. If I had space I would likely by freeze dried food in buckets but don't have the space and there is no telling that they will be able to be found/located in a huge disaster. I keep everything in a "to go" bag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems like after hurrican Katrina lots of folks in the US started doing some preping. We are not preppers however I do keep a heck of a large pantry, lots of different ways to cook, heat the house and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I strongly believe everyone should be as prepared as they can be because the government is not going to be able to respond quickly - if at all in case of a disaster. If there is anything to be learned from Katrina it's that!

    Brenda's blog is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!