Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nut Bread

I got this recipe in 2006 from SusanBranch.com. 
I am sure many of you are familiar with her and her beautiful books.  
I have made it dozens of times and we all like it.  
It is especially nice to have it lightly toasted and buttered, with hot tea for breakfast.



Susan Branch's Nut Bread

1 egg, beaten
1/3 C sugar
1 C Milk
2 C flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 C chopped pecans or walnuts

Beat the egg well. Then add the sugar and milk, mixing well. Stir in flour,
salt, baking powder, then the nuts, just until blended.
Put into a well greased 8x4 loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, about 45 minutes, until it tests done.


Really, it does not call for added oil or butter and it is delicious!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like my kind of loaf. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!