Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Simple face care

There are a lot of fancy skin care products on the market making all kinds of promises. I don't pay much attention to them as I have happily used just Ponds cold cream and moisturizer for more than 15 years.
They have no lingering scent, are low cost and available most anywhere cosmetics are sold and they are simple to use.
I just put a small amount of Ponds cold cream on my face and then use a warm moistened washcloth to clean my face.
I use the moisturizer afterward and also in the morning as part of my dressing routine.

I was blessed with good genes and have never smoked or tanned much. People tell me my skin looks young and I think Ponds is part of the reason.



And this seems like the perfect time to show you my 55 year old face and introduce our newest grandson, John Jr.  He was born just after midnight today.  He really has a young looking face :).



Linking to
Sunny Simple Sunday

19 comments:

  1. Aww, John Jr is so sweet - just like his grandma! I love your new blouse!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your newest grandson! You look so pretty Rhonda! Enjoy those grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... congrats on your newest joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to buy some Ponds tomorrow!!! You look great! And that baby is just a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your new addition!! babies are the best

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new grandboy - he's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, your face is glowing alright...is it the ponds or the baby? hahaha.

    congratulations...what a gorgeous boy he is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to look into Pond's for cleansing! I use a Vitamin E lotion for moisturizing. It's cheap and doesn't break me out. Love the blouse. Your grandson is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to use Ponds...I need to get back in the habit. You have beautiful skin and a sweet little bundle of joy! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful grandbaby, congratulations!
    I've used all sorts of skincare over the years, but found I like dove soap followed by a dab of olive oil or vitamin e oil. Simple is best.
    Your blouse is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, congratulations on this sweet, cute new edition to your family!! He's absolutely darling! And your skin looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello John Jr! What a sweetie!

    I've been liking the almond oil I've been using since Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! He is precious! And you're beautiful! Your skin is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both beautiful faces & skin! I've used Ponds on & off, I need to be more consistent. You look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your sweet grandson. What a beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also lucky enough to have good skin, but holy ravioli, yours is gorgeous! I would never have guessed you were in your mid 50s!
    Hooray for us girls who were smart enough never to bake ourselves in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful little doll! I know you're proud! I've used Avon's Anew and loved the way my skin looked, but I could not swallow the costs. I started using Oil of Olay and then the past couple of months I've been using a Vitamin E cream I bought from Puritan's Pride. The Vit. E cream does a lot more than the other two ever did for me. I honestly believe the older products that have been around for years, are better than all the new gimmicks out there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do look like a very young grandma, congratulations again on that adorable little bundle in your arms. You are blessed!
    I have never used anything but water on my face and a little face cream when the weather is really dry. It does make a difference in your skin when you don't smoke or sunbathe. When I see young women smoking I want to tell them what it is going to do to their skin, but I restrain myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I use Pond's too! You do look like a young grandmother! Congratulations on your new grandson!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!