Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Sunday, March 3, 2013

We are home!

Hello everyone. Well, it was a crazy week but not because of the weather. Husband's surgery was scheduled for the day of the blizzard so we went to Oklahoma City the night before and got a hotel room with indoor parking and that was just 2 miles from the Veterans hospital. Much of Oklahoma got more than a foot of snow but we were on just the edge and only got much needed rain.

The surgery and his first day of recovery went so smooth. Then we had news about a big problem and all the ways it had to be treated and we were anxious about that for 3 days.

By Friday afternoon, the problem was not a problem any longer - I believe because of prayers by us and many others.

We are home! Husband is still on several medications, will have some physical therapy and will be off work about 4 weeks. I think he is doing great.

Me? I will be taking care of him as he needs it and resting as much as I can too.

Thank you all for your sweet comments and especially for your prayers.


This is Husband resting at home in his recliner with an ice pack on his knee.
The staff at the Oklahoma City VA Hospital were wonderful.
But HOME is so much more comfortable.

18 comments:

  1. So happy for you and Hubby. The Lord has bless him with a good surgery and I'll help you pray for a complete recovery. Lots of good wishes and prayers sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are home & the recovery process has started for your husband. You are very wise to rest as much as you can. Take care!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, home is the best medicine! Glad the surgery went well, and pray the recovery process will be a quick one...

    Being a caregiver is very tiring, take care of yourself and get all the rest you can...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all worked out, even with a little detour but now you are home - and it is much better at home. Thoughts and prayers for smooth recovery, take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear your hubby is doing well, Rhonda! I suppose you'll BOTH get a little rest with him off and you home, too. Hope he's up hoppin' around soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great news! And yes, there's no better place than home to mend and rest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the surgery went well! Hope he has a speedy and smooth recovery too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you are home and I hope this will fix him up for the long haul! Home is a great place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful news! Prayers for a speedy and full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bless his heart! Bless your heart! For us, we have had 3 deaths close to our family. Not fun. Hospitals, sicknesses, surgeries, not fun! Praying for a speedy recovery for him. Isn't home wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home!!!! Hope you will get that badly needed rest as I am sure you both must be worn out from all the stress!! I see a whole lot of cooking in your future as recovering hubby's need bunches of snacks! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bless your heart (and his!). I'm thankful to hear you husband came through the surgery okay. You are a wise woman to rest when you can. Caretaking is very taxing at times. I pray he has a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got all caught up with you tonight. Between J's surgery and missing my Sunday night reading (when I catch up with your blog) I've REALLy missed you this week! Be glad when you can visit more! Prayers continuing for your husband (and you!).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to hear everything went good!!!! Was thinking of you both. Give Jeff a hug and tell him to take care. You rest yourself too, so you don't get down.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm very glad to see that you are home and that Jeff is in full recovery mode.
    Tell him to work really hard at PT because I plan on seeing him back on his bike when I'm home from DC in June :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so glad to hear that you are back home and all is well. Thank God for friends who pray!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to hear the good news! Hope you both are able to rest!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like we are statehood sisters! I live in Edmond! I just found your blog recently thanks to a recommendation by Terri at Blue House Journal.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!