Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Some make, do and mending

 
I have not found much time to sew in February but I will show you what I did.
Remember that storage tub of patchwork I got from my parents back in the fall? I used some of the scrappy 9 patches to sew up some much needed pot holders for my kitchen.
I used 1 layer of Insulbrite and 1 layer of cotton batting in each one and they work great.
But after I finished these, I saw where another blogger used a square from an old terry bath towel to fill her pot holders. I may try that next time as I have a stack of fairly new bath towels that the side bindings gave away.
 
 
 






In that tub was an almost finished child size quilt- soft flannel and machine quilted. I added some bias binding from my stash, had to use 2 colors as I did not have enough of 1 to go all the way around. My grand daughter has been napping with it.

February has been a very busy month here- I really enjoy sewing and hope to do a lot more of it March.

10 comments:

  1. Great job! I could use some new potholders too. I just read the other day about using bath towels for the padding and thought I'd do that next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary Ann, people that really cook wear out their pot holders.

      Delete
  2. Really like the decorative stitching on the potholders. Nice way to use up the scraps--potholders get so dirty after awhile. Blanket is cute. I use my old towels and wash cloths with potholders, inside burp rags and bibs also.

    I haven't sewn as much I as would of liked either in February. Patching for some co-workers and Allens friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lana, I like to use the sewing machines fancy stitches and pot holders are a good way to have fun with them.

      Delete
  3. LOVE the baby quilt, such sweet colors. I am going to have to give the pot holders a try soon, great way to use up all the bits and peices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debby, you are the speediest seamstress I know, you will surely whip up dozens of pot holders in a flash! They really are fun to sew

      Delete
  4. That baby quilt is just adorable! Love the potholders that you made too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I will have grab some towels from the rag bag in the garage to make some pot holders. Shhh... don't tell hubby I am taking them back! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, my lips are sealed. He doesn't read my blog, does he?

      Delete
  6. I love that baby quilt. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!