Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall Baking- Shaker Spice Cookies

easy Shaker Spice Cookies
one of my daughter's favorites

I don't know where I found this recipe but I do remember the first time I baked them.
We were living in the country and I needed to do some baking but did not have any butter.  So,  I looked for recipes that used oil as I had plenty of oil.
This is one of the recipes I used that day and they were so good,  
they are still a family favorite.  

I also like that they can be stirred up quickly,  no need to use the mixer unless you just want to.
My daughter and I made a batch Sunday afternoon.  We had them mixed up and the first batch on a cookie sheet waiting to bake just at the timer on the oven signaled that the over was preheated and ready to bake.  

Shaker Spice Cookies
2/3 C Oil - I like canola but you could use any vegetable kind
1 C sugar
1/4 Cup molasses
Beat together,  then add
1 egg
and beat some more.
1/4 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/4 t cloves
2 t baking soda
2 C flour 
Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed
Now,  drop the dough by spoonfuls into a small dish with a scant 1/4 Cup sugar in it.
Roll the dough balls around until lightly coated with sugar.  Then put them on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-11 minutes.  

this makes a nice, chewy cookie.  

2 comments:

  1. A cookie recipe that calls for oil instead of shortening/butter is a good one to have! These look delicious and very similar to my mom's Molasses Crinkles!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over for a cup of coffee and lots of cookies!! These sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!