Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Liebster questions answered

Last week,  2 bloggers gave me a Liebster award.  The recipient is asked to give 11 random things about their selves and to answer some questions.  
My answers are in this post.
Do you like blog awards?  I do but I know everyone doesn't.  So I am not going to nominate anyone.  But if anyone wants to use this and do the same thing on your own blog,  I hope you will!    so,  here is a bunch of stuff about me.  But a warning, it may bore you to tears!  



Eleven Random Things about me
1.   I am a homebody.  I really could stay home 99% of the time and never get bored or restless.
2.  My 3 babies were all born in military hospitals with no anesthesia.
3.  I have never been seriously ill, had surgery or been hospitalized except for the stays when my babies were born.
4.  My feet are flat
5.  Before I read a new magazine,  I go through and rip out all those pesky little ad cards in it.
6.   I never liked school much,  I usually preferred to be home and loved to watch game shows when I was young.   I made good grades but I sure never got a perfect attendance award.
7.  I had some odd jobs when our children were in school- I worked at a plasma donation lab,  as a greeting card merchandiser, a substitute teacher,  a sample lady at Walmart and cooked for 2 fraternity houses.  
8. We lived in the country, on 80 acres, for 11 years.  I really tried to be a country woman but I never got used to the mud, dust, snakes, skunks, packs of dogs, neighbors that practice shooting their guns for hours, dirt roads, coyotes, etc.  Living in town now suits me fine.  
9.  My favorite subject in high school was home economics.  I took it all 4 years and once in summer school, just because I liked it.  
10. I wasn't sure we would have any grandchildren but we've had 4 in 4 years and one more due any day.  
11. I really miss our dog Theo but am not ready to get another one.  

from Lessons on the Cheap

My simple Questions for them:
1.    In 5 words or less, why do you blog?  to reach out to other like-minded people, especially homemakers

2.    Are you a spend-thrift or a cheapskape?    neither,  I just spend carefully

3.    I follow your blog, do you follow mine?  :-)  yes 

4.    most productive time of day to blog?   this is different everyday

5.    Do you want to have a big money-making blog one day?  that would be nice but I don't want to work at it that much

6.    What is your favorite comfort food?   pie

7.    Do you have a piggy bank and where do you hide it?  Ha ha just kidding  I prefer a savings account at the bank

8.    Do you have a garden?  not really.  I would love to garden but it just never works out

 9.    Are you one of those preppers??????   no, but I do like to have extra supplies and a couple months food on hand.  

10.  Just how cheap are you?   I don't think  I am cheap.  But we live only on my husbands income,  and I don't want to be employed so that income has be watched wisely.  

11.  What color are your eyes?   blue with yellow specks.   My male cousins,  the ornery ones,  called me Fish Eyes.  



From Big Food, Big Garden, Big Life 


My Questions for the Nominees:


1. If repair is possible, do you repair or replace?  most of the time  

2. What's one thing you intend to do this year which will make you/your family better off four years from now?  hmmmm,  don't have an answer for this one

3. Within the limits of your family budget, do you mind spending a little more to support local business as opposed to global corporations?  local businesses are great but I have to admit I shop at chain stores the most because that is what is in my town

4. What was your last impulse purchase? I usually think about purchases before I make them.  The only silly purchase was nade on a recent trip to Joann Fabric.  I wanted to buy some flannel for burp cloths for 1 baby.  The flannel was on sale and such cute prints,  I bought 20+ yards.   Not sure what I was thinking.   But I have cut most all of it into burp cloths, and when I finish sewing them, will be set for baby gifts for quite some time.  

5. Do you miss the 100 watt incandescent light bulb?  I miss that buying light bulbs used to be a lot simpler but I am OK with LED and LCD bulbs as they have helped lower our electric bill.  

6. Do you resent that you, as a "free" citizen, can no longer readily purchase 100 watt bulbs?  maybe

7. What is your favorite power hand tool? I am not much on hand tools,  but I do like my sewing machine, bread machine and mixer 

8. Which of the first 10 Amendments to the United States Constitution is your favorite?  the first one as I think most of the amendments hinge on our Freedon of Speech, Religion and Press. 

9. What is your overall view of the Sovereign State of Mississippi? Positive? Negative? Neutral?  positive, I always try to look at the good points of anything

10. Which do you think provides the most reliable weather forecast, National Weather Service, The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, or Weather Underground?   none of those,  I like Gary England and David Payne,  2 Oklahoma meteorologists with KWTV.       

11. Of all the technological "progress" that's been made during your lifetime, what do you value most?  the internet


Join in if you want to!  thank you 

From Big Food, Big Garden, Big Life 

and 


4 comments:

  1. Thank you! We all know this is about sharing little-blog attention spheres and I appreciate your doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so MANY things in common!!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that was a lot of questions. I got this award but have not had any time to do anything with it. I can identify with being a homebody. I can just putter around home and garden and never go anywhere and be perfectly content. But then I inherited my father's hermit genes too...lol.

    Have a Happy Easter weekend!

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!