Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Batteries- My favorite way to organize them

Batteries- we use them in flash lights, cameras, tv remotes, baby monitors,  so many toys, etc!
I used to keep all the extra batteries in their packages in a basket but I never knew how many we had and it was just a mess to try to find the ones we needed.

I saw some plastic cases on my friend Susan's blog.  She uses 2 big pill boxes to keep her batteries.  
I liked her idea but we also use those big C and D batteries so we needed a bigger box.


We found our box in the fishing section of Walmart.
It has moveable dividers and is easy to organize.

It is also deep enough to store those big D batteries standing up.
I can even tell from this picture that we are running low on  AA batteries and will add them our shopping list for our next Sam's trip.    

Can you see it on the shelf in our storage pantry?

The only disadvantage to having this many batteries stored in one box is it is heavy.

But this battery box works for us and is one of the most useful things I've copied from an online idea.

thanks Susan!
And thank you all for your kind words about me being under the weather yesterday.  
I may of had a very mild case of the Rotovirus I keep hearing about on the news but who knows- I am just so thankful to feel good today.
I did go to Walmart today- not in jammies though- but properly dressed.  


Linking to
The Country Homemaker Blog Hop
and
Think Tank Thursday at Joyful Homemaking and Saving for Six

12 comments:

  1. Great idea! I need to do this too, mine are just a jumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to do this right now!!! It's such a great idea. On another note, I have looked and looked for the book by Tommi DePaula. I wrote you a note on my blog. Here it is...

    "Oh Rhonda...I too am behind on blogging! Yours still looks great, by the way. I know I got the book from Scholastic which means you might not be able to find it very easily on the market. I bought it when I taught in Tennessee. I have looked in all of my teacher boxes and just cannot find any of the books by the same author. We used to teach an entire unit by Tommi De Paula so I probably passed them onto a fellow teacher. I did find a really cool book in my collection that you might like. It is an Advent book and counts down the days to Christmas with a little story each day. After you read the story, the little storybook pops out and hangs on the tree. I would love to send it to you! We have 10 months to get this done so there is no hurry!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's very nice and organized! We have a battery drawer and I buy ours at Sams, too. I love the pill box idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear that you're feeling better and NOT going to Walmart in your jambes! :)
    I know you're not the kind to anyway.
    I like your idea of the organized battery box, I need to do that.
    Have a good weekend, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very welcomed! I love the deep boxes you found!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great organizational tip! I have one of those drawer organizers in the kitchen "junk" drawer and our batteries are in that. We don't have as many as you do. ;-)

    Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that ideal (either a blog or pinterest) and was telling Allen about it. Would be so handy to have them all together! TFS!

    Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so clever. I buy the gigantic packs from Sam's and store in those little plastic drawers. That is heavy too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet another amazingly wonderful organizational tip! I use something similar to hold my youngest's playmobil pieces...yet they are still all over the floor! I'm going to confiscate that box back and use your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! We always have loose batteries floating around here... lol!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!