Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Monday, May 20, 2013

May coupons part 1


I've done very little shopping in May. We bought a lot of fresh groceries the end of April and have been making meals with it.
I kept track of all my coupons in April and several commenters asked if I would do it again,  so here goes!

Food Pyramid trip
I bought 2 gallons of Hiland Orange juice,  $2.99 each and used a 45 cent coupon that was doubled on each one.  $2.09, plus sales tax is a great deal on a whole gallon of real juice.  sorry, no pictures but I guess everyone knows what orange juice looks like, right?  Husband drank one glass from one jug, to give it a little room to expand, and that jug went in the freezer for future use.  The other one is in the fridge.


CVS trip
Coupons and ECBs used $23.00
Spent $25.05
Left with $16.00 ECBs for the next round of deals

3 packs of diapers - 2 packs are slipons for that wiggly- doesn't have time to be still for a diaper change 10 month old grandson.  I hope they make diaper changers a little faster- I'll let you know.
3 tubes of heavy duty hair moisturizer - I got a perm in my hair about 2 months ago and it was not kind to my hair at all
3 toothbrushes and 1 deodorant

my receipt
if you shop at CVS,  always scan your card inside the store.
I got that last coupon,  $5 off $30, as a good surprise when I scanned today.  


The only sure fire way I can keep up with those ECBs is to wrap them around my CVS card and secure with a paperclip.
Otherwise,  I can't seem to find them when I go back for the next purchase and that is so frustrating.


So,  I've only used 9 coupons so far this month but saved  $25.05.
Good enough for me!

6 comments:

  1. That's an awesome deal on juice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh...very nice deals! I love this kind of stuff!

    You would have been proud of me, Rhonda. I found my favorite shampoo in the grocery clearance for half price! Four tubes! And each had a travel size tube attached! AND I had a $1 off coupon! yay! I think I have enough shampoo to last more than a year. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been able to wrap my mind around the whole CVS thing. I am always left with something isn't adding up;-)
    blessings, jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to wrap the ECB around your CVS card. I keep mine in the coupon binder and (gasp!) have let one expire a time or two. I forgot I had them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you are OK... aren't you in Oklahoma? Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I was just thinking about you and your family when I heard about the tornadoes in Oklahoma. From what I saw earlier today you all were not in the line of fire. I dozed off on the sofa for a couple of hours and woke up to all the sad news. I'm praying for all those affected.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!