Welcome!

Make, Do and Mend


The cyber-diary of what this homemaker makes, does and sometimes mends.
My motto is "if you do stuff, stuff gets done"

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Perfect backyard shoes for little feet



I love this little pair of foam monkey sandals!
My grandson has wore them for 2 summers at our house.  They are great for back yard play to protect  little feet from stickers and rocks and such.
I like the foam sandals as they  can be rinsed off if they get muddy
They are also lightweight enough to wear in the wading pool and won't slow down busy feet.

Gavin had this monkey foam pari and Elizabeth wore a frog pair- also for 2 summers.

Sadly, Foam shoes are hard to find!

I stopped at a newer Walmart last week and I guess they had just restocked their shoe department.  

I found lots of shoes for my favorite little feet.  The blue and orange ones are foam sandals for Braeden.
And those zebra-hot pink ones are foam sandals for Andie.  
There were no foam sandals big enough for Gavin and Elizabeth so they will be playing in our backyard in those foam knock-off croc looking things.  


our youngest grand,  JJ, did not get any new shoes but I don't think he cares.  He is just 3 weeks old.
His sister was thrilled when I put him on her bed and she shared her very loved stuffed friends with baby brother.

My husband says in the ET movie that ET was hid from the mother in a pose like this,  in a bunch of stuffed animals.
I don't watch many movies.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Linking up with Elaine's
Sunny Simple Sunday

8 comments:

  1. Hmm..I am a grandma

    SO methinks that you are a super grandma looking out for the next needed thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debra. Your profile photo is wonderful and I am sure there is a sweet story behind it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan wore foam sandles when she was little. I loved them for all the reasons you mentioned. I was just at WalMart tonight and it is probably a good thing I skipped the shoe dept. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of the baby with all the stuffed animals and yes, I do remember that scene in the movie back when Drew Barrymore was a sweet little girl.

    So sweet of you to pick up the shoes for the little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these shoes were our favorite for years! But just like you said, they don't make them for older kids, unfortunately :( Maybe, because they are harder on them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ is so handsome! I Remember that ET pose. Now you have me wanting to go to Walmart and find foam shoes. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little shoes for little people and your littlest people is absolutely adorable! Very sweet post.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you came for a visit today! To answer your question or to reply to you, I will do them here with the comments.

your comments are very much appreciated!